Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Frito Bandito isn't blogworthy either!

I have this thing about birthdays, I think birthdays are the greatest thing ever. For me birthdays are a chance to remember and celebrate that you are alive and that there are people in your life that are happy about this. Birthdays should never be spent alone and are far more important than christmas or easter. Birthdays are just before Thanksgiving but only a close second to Halloween the number one holiday of pretty much all time. This years, this 27 is shaping up to be a pretty good start. There is alot to do this year and i'd like to get it all done, not just some of it, all of it. I want to look at 27 and smile from 28 with the knowledge I didn't do anything half-assed. 26 on the other hand was a no apologies no regrets kind of year and I choose to let the whole thing be considered a lesson learned and a piece of my history.

I had this theory come up while I was washing my hair today, I thought, what if everything that happened this year was just a tumor. What if every decision I've ever made is effected by some giant tooth growing in my head under my frontal lobe. When I was a kid I thought there were different versions of my life happening in alternate universes. In one life things were really crappy but in another things were going swimmingly. If I got chased up a set of stairs in this life in another life it was me, chasing someone else down the stairs. To me this theory still at times can bring me out of myself just long enough to get through whatever is going on around me. Life is full of things that could be different if we'd just taken the left instead of the right, but in the end who really cares how we got here or how long it took. In the end everyday should have a birthday moment of zen, a moment where you can't help but smile because you made it a whole year since the last March 12th or October 13th or whatever day of the year it happens to be. Every day should have that "I made it" moment where you remember that tomorrow can be even better than yesterday. Without a moment like that each day we forget a little more how fortunate we are to be alive and by the end of a year maybe we don't remember anymore. This is my greatest theory of the week, could you imagine forgetting your birthday? For me, this is when we start to die, the beginning of the end my friends. Are you really living if its all just a routine? How truly happy can any person be if their own birth is just another day to them. I submit that birthdays are just as important to a persons spirit as water is to a persons body. I am only as alive as I remember to be, this year I'm going all out!

No comments:

Post a Comment